Principal Bridge Engineer
Do you have the desire, ambition and design knowledge within the bridges and civil structures sector to stand out from the crowd and make a difference?
Located close to Redhill train station, our office is ideally situated close to the town’s bustling retail and leisure hubs. Our welcoming and diverse team is working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in Redhill, across the UK and around the world.
From sustainability-focused urban regeneration schemes to cutting-edge infrastructure and transport projects and from award-winning mixed-use developments to major new residential communities, we are supporting schemes across a huge range of sectors.
We are looking for you to bring to our client your passion and flair for bridge design, by taking an active role in helping build on Waterman's design capability and to support their multi-discipline bids and projects in both the public and private sector. Currently involved with several interesting and high-profile civil structures projects, with a strong secured future workload.
The role will involve bridge structural design and assessment capturing the technical quality and content prior to issuing to the client by supervising and assisting others in accordance with senior management requirements.
The role of the Principal Bridge Engineer will include but not limited to the following:
• Liaise with clients to identify their specific requirements;
• Deliver quality inspections, technical designs and reports in line with National Standards and the client specific brief;
• Promote where applicable innovative solutions; and
• Ensure full compliance with health and safety requirements.
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
• Relevant degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
• Minimum four years' UK experience in bridge engineering
• Ability to write sound technical reports
• Ability to self manage and support the team
• Ability and awareness of relevant structural design software
• Experienced in bridge assessment/design of materials including RC, Steel, masonry and timber
• Temporary works experience preferred
• Highway and Rail experience preferred
• To lead and support a diverse portfolio of projects including:
• Asset management
• Strategic land development
• Bespoke development sites
• Rail commissions
• National Highways commissions
• LA frameworks
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
- Job type