Are you a Drainage engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Would you like to get involved with delivering some of the world’s most exciting projects and join a dynamic, growing team who are at the forefront of sustainable design? If so, we want you to join our Infrastructure team in London!
Based in our office a stone’s throw from Borough Market in the heart of Southwark’s thriving Bankside, our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in the UK and across the world. From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge healthcare facilities and from award-winning retail developments to major new residential communities, you’ll have the opportunity to play a major role in delivering schemes across a huge range of sectors.
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and power & energy markets. Due to our expanding workload, Waterman Structures are looking for an Engineer level drainage engineer to work within their growing team in London.
The engineer will be typically responsible for civil engineering designs supporting mixed-use, high-rise building developments in London; however, the team also deliver everything from existing building refurbishment designs to industrial masterplans across the UK. On any given project, the drainage team is principally the design of the below ground drainage, pavement build-ups and management of the interface between building structures and public sewers.
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
• Complex problem-solving skills particularly involving solutions to problems within the drainage, civil engineering, and utility engineering sectors.
• Strategic infrastructure planning and engineering design skills including:-
o Conceptual drainage scheme evolution;
o Experience in negotiating and securing S104 and S106 agreements with sewerage authorities;
o Interpretation and discharge of planning conditions relating to, drainage, highways and infrastructure works;
o Experience with interpreting records and site information as well as manipulating 3D design software to perform utility clash detection analysis;
o Development of infrastructure design packages from concept through to construction.
• Experience in researching UK Engineering Standard guidelines relating to drainage and highways infrastructure.
• Demonstrative experience with specific software, including:-
o Autodesk Civil 3D;
o MicroDrainage network modelling within industrial, commercial and residential environments, and including coordinating with Civil 3D;
o Document Control and Common Data Environment (CDE) software such as Aconex, A-Site, etc.;
• Proficiency with client and stakeholder liaison.
• Ability to work remotely and effectively communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
• Production of technical memos, design reports, design packages, and drawings / models.
Desirable complementary skills include:
• Temporary Works design experience.
• Experience procuring and managing survey contractors, and overseeing activities on site.
• Commercial / Project Management experience with an emphasis on time, cost and scope management.
• Highways design experience and familiarity with UK design standards and negotiation of S38 and S278 applications.
Candidates should be degree qualified in a relevant field. Applications from experienced Technicians with no degree qualification are also welcomed.
Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience working within a design consultancy and / or contracting environment. Experience on working on both single and multi-discipline projects would be preferable as would experience of project management.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation.
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
- Job type