Are you an established Geotechnical Engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Would you like to get involved with delivering some of the world’s most exciting projects and join a dynamic, growing team who are at the forefront of sustainable design? If so, we want you to join our Geotechnical team in London!
Based in our office a stone’s throw from Borough Market in the heart of Southwark’s thriving Bankside, our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in the UK and across the world. From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge healthcare facilities and from award-winning retail developments to major new residential communities, you’ll have the opportunity to play a major role in delivering schemes across a huge range of sectors.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our London Geotechnical team, you will have the opportunity to broaden your experience and work with a range of public and private sector clients on some key and major projects. You will be involved in producing design solutions in line with current Eurocodes, reports specifications and drawings covering a range of project requirements within geotechnics. You will deliver various geotechnical projects and provide technical leadership through leading the team and managing the design work. You will also support projects acting as client liaison and undertaking budgeting and cost control.
You can direct and deliver multiple concurrent projects on time and within budget. You’ve designed various geotechnical solutions using current standards and Eurocodes and have previously worked on major projects. You have strong interpersonal skills and can liaise with various clients and build professional relationships. You are comfortable with your technical expertise in the geotechnical engineering sector. You’re an effective communicator and can collaborate with all levels of staff and clients. In addition to this, you are a relationship builder and understand the dynamics of working with a team as well as working autonomously.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
• Design foundations and substructures associated with underground spaces such as earthworks and slope stability
• Lead in 2D and 3D numerical modelling for soil/structure interaction issues associated with below-ground structures
• Lead in 2D and 3D numerical modelling for ground movement and impact assessment analysis
• Travel to project sites when necessary for project delivery and client liaison meetings
We are looking for flexible and motivated graduates with a genuine passion and a desire to make a difference in the world.
As a Senior Geotechnical Engineer, you will be able to demonstrate the following:
• Master Degree in Civil Engineering with emphasis on soil mechanics / geotechnics
• Relevant geotechnical experience – at least 5 years
• Experiencing guiding engineers in their technical development
• Advanced user of PLAXIS 2D/3D numerical modelling software
• Knowledge and experience in programming (Python, etc.) would be advantageous
• Ability to use your initiative to undertake tasks efficiently and independently.
• Excellent verbal communication skills, which allow you to confidently liaise with clients and team members.
• Excellent written communication and attention to detail and be able to demonstrate accurate technical drawings and good report writing.
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to industry-expert mentoring support
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to , or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment, and energy markets.