Air Quality Consultant
Air Quality Consultant
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Do you have a desire to improve the environment for future generations, with an employer who will support and develop your knowledge to make you an expert in Air Quality? If so, we want you to join our Geo-Environmental team in London!
Based in our office a stone’s throw from Borough Market in the heart of Southwark’s thriving Bankside, our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in the UK and across the world. From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge healthcare facilities and from award-winning education schemes to major new residential communities, we are supporting schemes across a huge range of sectors.
Building on the success of the existing team, they are looking to expand further and encourage you to bring your passion and experience to take an active role in helping to assist in the provision of high-quality consultancy services, where you will take a key role in delivering a range of air quality projects, both within EIAs and as standalone studies.
Having already worked in a similar position within a leading consultancy, with a track record of preparing Air Quality models and reports, as well as having demonstrable skills in project management, you will get to work on a wide variety of exciting and challenging projects in the regeneration, property, waste and energy sectors.
Day to day activity will be different and exciting, allowing you to use your skills in a variety of ways that will improve the services on offer, such as:
• Liaising with clients, project teams and local authorities.
• Attending design team and client meetings.
• Undertaking air quality assessments and preparing reports.
• Contributing to various initiatives, such as developing new services and improving standards.
• Preparing fee proposals and assisting with bids.
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
• An appropriate degree (appropriate professional membership preferred or working towards).
• Previous consultancy experience (minimum of 2 years) of air quality assessments.
• Practical expertise in air quality modelling, including use of ADMS Roads (or similar).
• Experience of industrial modelling would be beneficial.
• Monitoring, including design and management of surveys (Passive monitoring).
• Good understanding of air quality assessment methods.
• Full clean UK Driving Licence.
You will also get supported in developing your skills in a variety of ways, and encouraged to map an excellent career progression within a friendly and professional team that has pride in the quality of the service it delivers to its clients.
The role offers excellent career prospects within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. The location of the role is London.
This is an exciting time for Waterman as we continue to support the delivery of a net zero built environment, whilst our own journey to net zero also gathers pace. Our innovative and collaborative culture means that you’ll get to work with experts from across our business to develop your ideas, and you’ll have the chance to put all the latest sustainable design techniques in to practice.
We’d love to hear from you if you’re passionate about Geo-Environmental work , are excited about taking the next step in your career and want to help shape the future of both our company and the built environment.
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
- Job type