CDM Consultant/ Principal Designer
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment Ltd
Are you a CDM Specialist who is looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have the technical skills and desire to accept more responsibility on some exciting and challenging schemes and have the desire to develop? If so, we want you to join our team.
Our team is spread across the country which means we are accepting candidates who can work in our Bristol, Birmingham, Redhill or London office.
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment Ltd is a multi-disciplinary environmental and engineering consultancy operating across the UK with a strong profile in the infrastructure and environmental markets. We have an exciting opportunity for a CDM Consultant/Principal Designer to work in an established multi-disciplinary organisation. Waterman Group are currently celebrating their 70th Anniversary and offer a wide range of services including Environmental, Building Services, Structural Engineering and Construction Health and Safety.
We work across all sectors both Public and Private, including Rail where there are some opportunities to enhance your skills.
You will be working as part of a niche team within Waterman with plenty of support from your colleagues. There is always someone to discuss your ideas and approach with. The Client base is wide ranging from small and straightforward infrastructure and highways projects to working on some of the largest schemes in the UK for example Meridian Water and Canada Water where you will be supporting the National Lead.¬† The main part of the role includes being responsible for the planning, managing and monitoring Health & Safety in the pre-construction phase and assisting the design team when designing out risks.
Some of duties of this role include:
• PD Duties as defined by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
• CDM Advisor Role, including Construction Site Inspections
• General Construction related audits and advice
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
• Member of the Association for Project Safety
• NEBOSH construction certificate
• You will be from Construction / Design background
• A minimum of 2 years experience in a CDM 2015 and Principal Designer role
• You will have a good understanding of the design process
• Hold a CSCS Card
• NEBOSH Fire or similar
What’s on offer for you:
• An opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team in a leading consultancy
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Excellent future career opportunities
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to , or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment, and energy markets.
- Job type