Principal Transport Planner
Are you an experienced Transport Planner who is looking to take the next step in your career?
Do you have the technical skills and desire to accept more responsibility on some exciting and challenging schemes? If you do, we would love to hear from you!
Based in Birmingham’s bustling business district, our office is ideally situated close to Snow Hill station. Our welcoming and diverse team is working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in Birmingham, across the UK and around the world. Please note we are also happy for this position to be in out Nottingham Office which is situated next to the National Justice Museum.
From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge industrial and healthcare facilities and from award-winning infrastructure and transportation developments to major new residential communities, we are supporting schemes across a huge range of sectors.
As a Principal Transport Planner, you will be encouraged to bring your expertise to successfully deliver current and future projects by getting involved on a wide range of schemes throughout the UK, taking on a variety of tasks where you will be supported to make a valued contribution to the team.
Reporting to an Associate/Technical Director, you will support the delivery of projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
Various duties and responsibilities central to the role will be conducted on a day-to-day basis where you will get involved working mainly on private sector development projects including:
• Preparing Transport Assessments / Transport Statements
• Trip generation calculations
• Capacity assessments using Picady and Arcady
• Preparing Travel Plans
• Construction Logistic Plans
• Servicing Management Plans
• Preliminary Access Design
• Manage more junior members of the team
Ideally you will hold a Degree (Masters/Bachelors or equivalent) in a related discipline, be a member, or in the process of attaining membership, of a relevant professional institution (such as TPS, CIHT or similar).
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to , or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
- Job type