Are you a structural engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Would you like to get involved with delivering some of the world’s most exciting projects and join a dynamic, growing team who are at the forefront of sustainable design? If so, we want you to join our Structures team in Birmingham!
The Birmingham Office, adjacent Snow Hill Station, and a five-minute walk from New Street, has an enthusiastic and friendly team, undertaking works on a broad range of both Midlands-based and UK schemes. The portfolio of projects ranges from new aspiring award-winning retail developments and, major refurbishment and repurposing residential and commercial opportunities to, advanced manufacturing and industrial units and, education developments. As an integral member of the diverse team, you’ll have the opportunity to play a major role in delivering schemes across a huge range of sectors.
Our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in the UK and across the world. From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge healthcare facilities and from award-winning retail developments to major new residential communities, you’ll have the opportunity to play a major role in delivering schemes across a huge range of sectors. As well working on large complex projects in the healthcare, residential or commercial sectors.
This is a great opportunity for someone who wants some rare hands-on building structures design training on a day-to-day basis. Our senior management team are keen to take on a willing and aspiring Structural Design Engineer to help progress them to a senior level. We have excellent routes to chartership and can provide a varied 360 workload to experience all that structural engineering has to offer.
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
• You’ve got a relevant civil or structural engineering degree
• Production of calculations and specifications.
• Technical reviews of drawings and junior member’s designs.
• Preparation of tender and contract documents.
• Attendance at coordination, design team and site meetings.
• Finite Element Analysis
• Knowledge of software including Robot, Masterseries, Etabs, Tedds, CSC Fastrac Building Designer
This is an exciting time for Waterman as we continue to support the delivery of a net zero built environment, whilst our own journey to net zero also gathers pace. Our innovative and collaborative culture means that you’ll get to work with experts from across our business to develop your ideas, and you’ll have the chance to put all the latest sustainable design techniques in to practice.
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.