Senior Highways Engineer
Are you an established Highways Engineer looking to take the next step in your career? Would you like to get involved with delivering some of the world’s most exciting projects and join a dynamic, growing team who are at the forefront of sustainable design? If so, we want you to join our team in Manchester!
Due to an increase in business, our client is extremely busy, having recently been appointed on several interesting and high-profile highway infrastructure projects to add to an already strong, secured future workload.
Located close to Manchester’s Spinningfields cultural hub, our office in the Trinity building offers an ideal place from which to make the most of this vibrant area. Our welcoming and diverse team is working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in Manchester, across the UK and around the world.
From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge sports and leisure facilities such as the Manchester Velodrome, and from award-winning infrastructure and transport developments to major new residential communities, we are supporting schemes across a huge range of sectors.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and talented Engineer for their Birmingham office, with experience in the Highways Sector to be part of this established and experienced team working on exciting highway projects.
You will form part of an existing team to deliver a varied programme of highway and transportation schemes for a wide range of public sector clients across both the local and strategic highway networks within the South / South East.
• Undertaking services within an engineering environment which may include (but not limited to); scheme investigation, site inspections, data collection and analysis, works/construction inspections and supervision to progress scheme design, development and construction.
• Developing highway designs in accordance with the DMRB using AutoCAD or Civils 3D. Production of technical reports as required.
• Management of work packages with scope to move up to managing small schemes.
• Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects.
• Mentoring and supervising the output of junior staff.
• Self-motivated and enthusiastic
• Experience of highways design using Civils 3D or similar
• Seeking increasing level of responsibility.
• Willing to work towards incorporated or chartered engineer status.
• 1st class or upper 2nd Civil Engineering degree.
• Capable of working to tight project timescales, work comfortably under pressure and have an open and honest approach.
• Proficient in use of standard office software
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
- Job type