Associate Transport Planner
Associate Transport Planner
Waterman Infrastructure & Environment
Salary: Competitive, according to skills and experience
Are you an experienced Transport Planner who is looking to take the next step in your career? Do you have the technical skills and desire to accept more responsibility on some exciting and challenging schemes and have the desire to develop a team of Transport Planners? If so, we want you to join our team in London!
Based in our office a stone’s throw from Borough Market in the heart of Southwark’s thriving Bankside, our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in the UK and across the world. From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge healthcare facilities and from award-winning education schemes to major new residential communities, we are supporting schemes across a huge range of sectors.
As an Associate Transport Planner you will be involved in a variety of projects for a range of public and private sector clients. You will help drive these projects to successful completion whilst also undertake business development, preparation of fee estimates and winning new project work in the London and South East area.
Reporting to a Regional Director, you will support the delivery of projects effectively to strict deadlines, whilst maintaining technical performance standards.
Various duties and responsibilities central to the role will be conducted on a day to day basis and include:
• Business Development
• Fee estimates and winning work
• Team development
• Preparing Transport Assessments / Transport Statements
• Trip generation calculations
• Capacity assessments using Picady and Arcady
• Preparing Active Travel Plans
• Construction Logistic Plans
• Servicing Management Plans
• Preliminary Access Design
Building on the success of the existing team, they are looking to expand further and encourage you to bring your passion and experience to take an active role in helping to assist in the provision of high-quality consultancy services, where you will take a key role in delivering a range of air quality projects, both within EIAs and as standalone studies.
Day to day activity will be different and exciting, allowing you to use your skills in a variety of ways that will improve the services on offer, such as:
Ideally you will also hold a Degree (Masters/Bachelors or equivalent) in a related discipline, be a member of a relevant professional institution (such as TPS, CIHT or similar) and have:
• Good communication skills when working with both project teams and clients
• Ability to apply assessment and numerical skills to project work
• Strong written and numerical presentation skills
The role offers excellent career prospects within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients. The benefits include a competitive salary according to skills and experience, together with an excellent flexible benefits package. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity. The location of the role is London.
This is an exciting time for Waterman as we continue to support the delivery of a net zero built environment, whilst our own journey to net zero also gathers pace. Our innovative and collaborative culture means that you’ll get to work with experts from across our business to develop your ideas, and you’ll have the chance to put all the latest sustainable design techniques in to practice.
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to firstname.lastname@example.org, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
- Job type