Associate Director – Business Case & Advisory Team
Are you an established professional working within business case and advisory management? Are you looking to take the next step in your career? Would you like to play a leading role in shaping a team to deliver some of the world’s most exciting sustainability projects and help create a more resilient, net zero-ready built environment? If so, we want you to join our team!
Based in strategic locations across the UK, our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative infrastructure and environment projects in Britain and around the world and are also the driving force behind our own push to net zero. If you’re a passionate, experienced environmental professional who’s bursting with ideas around how to integrate climate resilience and carbon management into other multidisciplinary services, you’ve come to the right place!
Our Business Case & Advisory Team helps clients secure funding and develop optimal infrastructure solutions in response to challenges that create opportunities for investment and sustainable economic growth. We work with stakeholders at all levels and utilise industry best practice to understand problems, requirements and navigate the path to identifying the best value for money solutions. Our Business Case & Advisory team is involved in a wide range of high profile and exciting projects supporting a range of public and private sector clients with the development of business cases and funding bids that unlock funding for infrastructure and services.
This is an exciting time to join the growing Business case & advisory team, you’ll become a key figure in shaping our offering in this area. You’ll have the opportunity to build the team around you, whilst plotting a course to making Waterman a national leader in this field. By working with our client base and through targeting new clients, you’ll develop opportunities related to climate resilience, provide support for climate-related bids via local authority frameworks and contribute climate expertise to framework bids for other group services.
With our innovative and collaborative culture, you’ll work across boundaries as part of a fully integrated multidisciplinary team and have a great platform to present your ideas. You’ll work with team leaders across the business to progress climate resilience and carbon management support for both existing projects and as a new workstream, alongside multidisciplinary experts in planning and infrastructure design.
Waterman has secured a growth of project work and future opportunities and are looking to hire enthusiastic individuals to be part of its growing high performing Business Case & advisory team.
The successful candidates will ideally be able to demonstrate experience in some or all of the following or similar areas:
- Development of Business Cases for infrastructure schemes including for transport, energy or environmental schemes.
- HM Treasury’s 5-Case Model and DfT’s transport business case guidance.
- Economic appraisal and cost-benefit analysis of infrastructure scheme including for transport, energy or environmental schemes.
- Development of funding applications to support and secure investment for local bodies.
- Client and stakeholder engagement.
- Working collaboratively to assemble information and clearly communicate analytical findings.
- Leading and writing bids for both private & public sector.
- Support to win work
Through our mentoring programme, you’ll have the opportunity to continue the development of your skills and experience and further hone your leadership capabilities by partnering with some of our most experienced business leaders.
We’d love to hear from you if you have a wealth business case & advisory experience and are excited about helping to shape the future of an upcoming team!
Joining our team will give you:
• A fantastic opportunity to lead and mould a team to deliver high quality consultancy services in the climate resilience workstream whilst helping clients thrive in the new net zero economy
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Infrastructure & Environment (WIE):
Part of the wider multidiscipline Waterman Group, WIE provides sustainable solutions in the infrastructure and environment markets.
- Job type