Waterman Group plc is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets.
Due to our expanding workload, Waterman Infrastructure & Environment (part of the Waterman Group) are currently recruiting for an Engineer to strengthen our Civils Team in Manchester or Leeds. Whilst predominantly based in the North West, the role will include regular co-operation and inter-office working with other regional teams in line with our ‘One Team’ culture and so candidates based in other locations may be considered.
Our award winning Infrastructure Team is a civil engineering consultancy providing high quality technical support to the public sector, banks, property, private equity and blue chip clients. These multi-national clients have a diverse range of operations throughout the world, which require a coordinated support at a local level.
Our Manchester and Leeds offices are currently delivering a range of engineering projects which require bespoke approaches and understanding of each client’s individual requirements and priorities. The role would suit an individual that is looking to further their technical understanding through the application of unique solutions to engineering challenges and wants to expand their client, people or project management experience.
Ideally based at our office in Manchester, the successful candidate will ideally be able to demonstrate qualification and good experience in the following areas:
• Educated to a minimum Degree level in Civil Engineering, or equivalent;
incorporated or Chartered Engineer status with relevant professional institution.
• Candidates who are not yet professionally qualified but can demonstrate good progression and are close to obtaining a professional qualification will also be considered;
• Design and specification of civil structures (retaining walls, foundations, bridges, etc); An understanding of service utilities, drainage and external works design and modelling;
• Experience in the planning, design and construction of residential, commercial and industrial developments from conception to technical approval;
• Experience in working in collaborative teams with clients, contractors, external design team members, local authorities, statutory bodies and other third parties;
• Use of technical design tools such as STAAD, MIDAS, LUSAS, Superstress, TEDDS, WinDes or equivalents;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports on technical matters;
• Experience of working within project teams and supervising team members, including mentoring junior staff
• Leading small projects or acting as technical discipline lead for larger projects
• Ability to work to deadlines, within budget and to programme.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players, driven to excel in their chosen field, but also have the courage to stretch their boundaries. You should have a proactive and positive attitude towards working under pressure and team mentoring.
The role offers excellent career progression opportunities within a friendly and professional team that is proud of the quality of the service it delivers to its clients, and a clear vision for innovation.
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
- Job type