Waterman Group plc is a leading international multi-disciplinary engineering and environmental consultancy, providing sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, energy, and environmental markets.
Due to our expanding workload, Our Infrastructure & Environment team is currently recruiting for a Technical Director to undertake a pivotal role in leading an established team in delivering highways and infrastructure schemes in both the public and private sectors. These are key positions, offering an exciting opportunity for the right candidates to demonstrate and develop their project and team management skills on a diverse range of projects.
Whilst based in Manchester the role will include regular co-operation and inter-office working with other regional teams in line with our team culture. Located close to Manchester’s Spinningfields cultural hub, our office in the Trinity building offers an ideal place from which to make the most of this vibrant area. Our welcoming and diverse team is working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in Manchester, across the UK and around the world.
From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge sports and leisure facilities such as the Manchester Velodrome, and from award-winning infrastructure and transport developments to major new residential communities, we are supporting schemes across a huge range of sectors.
Our award-winning Infrastructure Team is one of the leading civil engineering consultancies delivering high quality technical support to the public sector, banks, property, private equity and blue chip clients.
Our multi-national clients have a diverse range of operations throughout the world, which require coordinated support at a local level. Projects that are being delivered include retail parks, urban regeneration, housing, public transport infrastructure and public highway schemes.
Although we’re happy to consider applicants with more or less experience, you’ll ideally have qualifications, experience or skills in the following areas:
• Incorporated or Chartered Engineer
• Proven multi-disciplinary project and team management skills;
• Proven ability to generate new leads and business development;
• Proven experience in Client management and creation;
• A sound technical and practical knowledge of highways and drainage infrastructure, ideally in both the public and private sectors working on housing, retail and commercial development schemes;
• A detailed working knowledge of, and experience of using, DMRB and local authority standards;
• Ability to carry out, review and check technical agreements including S278 and S38 agreements;
• Experience in liaison with clients, local authorities, statutory bodies and other third parties, including external design team members;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports on technical matters;
• Experience of working within project teams and supervising team members;
• Ability to work to deadlines, within budget and to programme;
• Leading projects and acting as technical discipline lead for larger projects;
• Support the Technical and Regional Directors in the day to day management of the office;
• Mentoring and encouraging junior staff.
We are looking for people who are excellent team players, driven to excel in their chosen field, but also have the courage to stretch their boundaries. You should have a proactive and positive attitude towards working under pressure and team mentoring.
Joining our team will give you:
• Competitive salary and benefits package with annual salary reviews
• 26 days holiday per year, rising to 31 days with loyalty days, plus bank holidays
• Hybrid working arrangements
• Fantastic training and development culture
• Access to mentoring support from industry experts
• Opportunity to play a key role in exciting and varied projects
• ICE Training Agreement
• Opportunity to be client facing and the chance to get involved with business development and marketing activities
• Fast-tracked career progression for the right candidates
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter explaining why you’d be a great fit for our team to email@example.com, or complete and submit the form below. All applications will be treated in confidence. Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
Please note - All interviews are currently being carried out online to ensure the continued safety and welfare of our staff. During the current and ongoing pandemic our employees continue to work from home, where they are able to do so; and our offices remain open and covid secure for circumstances where remote working is not feasible, and this is reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.