Senior/Principal Waste Consultant
Based in our office a stone’s throw from Borough Market in the heart of Southwark’s thriving Bankside, our welcoming and diverse team are working on some of the most prestigious and innovative projects in the UK and across the world. From sustainability-focused offices and commercial premises to cutting-edge healthcare facilities and from award-winning education schemes to major new residential communities, we are supporting schemes across a huge range of sectors.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our vibrant team. You will be excellent in your field. Adaptable; knowledgeable and resourceful. You will lead and manage two members of staff. You will need to be confident, consistent, reliable - a safe pair of hands. Our expertise bridges:
• Preparing Operational Waste Management Strategies (OWMSs) including working with design teams
• Preparing Site Waste Management Plans (SWMPs)
• Making planning applications for waste management facilities
• Making environmental permitting applications for waste management facilities
• Arguing whether waste is being recovered or disposed of
You will be a waste specialist. You will have a track record of devising and preparing applications for waste activities. You will probably come from a consulting or waste industry background. You may have gained an element of your experience in a public sector setting. You will be well-rounded. You will be a business developer.
At senior level you will likely have:
• 5 or more years of relevant experience
• Comprehensive knowledge of waste processing techniques
• The issues these present to regulation, to the environment and human neighbours particularly at construction waste processing and Materials Recovery Facilities
• Devised Fire Prevention Plans and waste recovery plans
• Experience of the application of CL:AIRE definition of waste development industry code of practice and the interplay with waste recovery permits for land redevelopment and contributing to planning and permitting applications for waste management facilities.
At principal level you will likely have:
• Between five and ten years of relevant experience; and far deeper expertise than demanded in the senior role.
No matter the level, you will have excellent literacy, numeracy, and verbal communication skills. You will be driven, hardworking, tenacious and want to work as part of a multidisciplinary environmental consultancy team.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated in confidence.
Waterman is an equal opportunities employer and values diversity.
*Where a level of experience is indicated, this is a guideline only and represents the amount of time we would usually expect a candidate to accumulate the requisite level of experience. This does not preclude applications from candidates with more or less experience.
About Waterman Group:
Waterman Group is a multidisciplinary consultancy providing private and public sector clients with sustainable solutions to meet the planning, engineering design and project delivery needs of the property, infrastructure, environment and energy markets.
- Job type